Daveena’s 3-year-old brother had pulled a power strip out from behind some furniture and was trying to force a bobby pin into one of the sockets when his sister, 16-year-old Daveena (pronounced Dayveena), caught him. She shooed her brother away as she reached to remove the pin from the socket. As soon as she touched the pin she received the full jolt of an electric current which went in one hand, traveled through her body to the other hand and essentially fused the bobby pin to her finger.
While in the hospital, the bobby pin was removed, however painfully, and the doctors told Daveena’s mother that had Daveena not stepped in, that electrical current would have killed her little brother. She saved his life.